***As of March 18 , The City of Boca Raton has closed all facilities and non-essential services in response to the Coronavirus pandemic until further notice. Please check the City’s website for current information at
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,
and stay safe.***
New volunteers must submit City of Boca Raton volunteer forms. The Volunteer Application is available upon request or in person at Sugar Sand Park Community Center.
- Children's Science Explorium - [email protected]
- Willow Theatre - [email protected]
- Special Events at Sugar Sand Park - [email protected]
Volunteers are vital to help with the activities, shows and programs that take place in the Explorium, the Willow Theatre, and at Special Events. Each area has it's own opportunities. Please visit the links for specific information about each area.
- The Explorium positions include Museum Guides and Summer Camp Counselors
- The Willow Theatre positions include Front of House (Ushers) and Technical Assistants during shows
- The Special Events positions involve helping the public with activities, actors for a haunted house, games, etc at various large events throughout the year.
Volunteers ages 14+ are welcomed and encouraged to join us. Sugar Sand Park might be the right place for you if you:
- Enjoy working with others
- Have a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Need community service hours
- Love to be involved in your community
- Sugar Sand Park is operated by the City of Boca Raton. Volunteers will need to complete a City Volunteer forms packet, including the background check for ALL volunteers (yes, we need the social security number for ALL volunteers, regardless of age.)
- Volunteers 18+ will need to have their photo taken for a badge.
- The Explorium and Willow Theatre positions require an interview.
- Special Events do not require an interview, but actors and backstage crew for the Shriek Week Haunted House are required to attend the General "Boo-cruitment" meeting.
- All volunteers must attend mandatory training and/or orientation in their area prior to volunteering. This training/orientation provides an overview of the facility, expectations in the specific area, as well as policies and procedures to help prepare you with pertinent tools and information.
- Current olunteers are encouraged to participate in other areas, i.e. if you are an Explorium or Theatre volunteer and would like to be involved in Special Events, that's great!